On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 3:43:29 AM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 9:05 AM,  wojtek.mula wrote:
> > Hi, my goal is to obtain an interpreter that internally
> > uses UCS-2. Such a simple code should print 65535:
> >
> >   import sys
> >   print sys.maxunicode
> >
> > This is enabled in Windows, but I want the same in Linux.
> > What options have I pass to the configure script?
>
> Why do you want to? What useful value do you have in creating this
> buggy interpreter?

I see that you are familiar with this bug: https://bugs.python.org/issue13153

And I see it or something very close is still buggy in python 3.5 [No it does
not allow me to paste an SMP char but if I open a file containing one it
crashes and rather messily â ö no way to close the idle other than killing the
shell]

No thats not a diatribe against idle; just that its reasonable to want python
to support work-arounds for reasonably common bugs in the current
unicode-ecosystem