On 25/11/2017 23:49, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 11/25/2017 4:57 PM, namenobodywa...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Saturday, November 25, 2017 at 12:48:38 AM UTC-8, Terry Reedy wrote:
>>
>>> I did, and it looks buggy to me.â  The top and left frame lines are
>>> missing.â  If I click a square, the bottom square in the column lights
>>> up.â  But then I have no idea whether those are your intentions or not.
>> i hadn't noticed about the frame lines, but it's the same for me; but
>> i'm hoping you meant to write that the TOP square in a column flashes
>> when you "drop a token" down that column;
>
> All squares start white.â  Only the bottom square turns red or black,
> after perhaps a .3 second delay during which there is some jitter in
> white squares above, which could be the effect of white flashing white.

There are a couple of lines that look like this:

             self.grid.squarebuttons[column].flash()

If you comment out those two lines, then the flashing disappears, and it still
works.

Of course, if I'd used unit tests, I'd have figured that out a lot sooner. I
would just have had the somewhat bigger problem of devising a unit test that
would detect this.

--
bartc