On 28-Nov-2017, Robert Clove wrote
(in article<mailman.79.1511939134.2898.python-l...@python.org>):

> i was also of the same opinion , but docker is available on windows too
> https://www.docker.com/docker-windows
>
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Percival John Hackworth<p...@nanoworks.com
> > wrote:
>
> > On 28-Nov-2017, Robert Clove wrote
> > (in article<mailman.69.1511889027.2898.python-l...@python.org>):
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > what am i trying to achieve is, container of windows with an application
> > > like slack on it.
> > > Does window container has an UI?
> > >
> > > Has anyone worked on it, is it feasible?
> >
> > AFAIK, docker is linux/CoreOS only. Ask docker.com this question. AFAIK,
> > the
> > only way to get docker to run on Windows is to run docker-machine with
> > virtual box. That's a coreOS VM.
> >
> > --

To clarify, I think the OP was asking if they could Windows inside a Docker
container. Since Docker uses the kernel of the OS it's running on, that would
mean it would have to run natively on Windows.

Back in January, it didn't run on Windows. Now apparently you can run a
Windows 10 or Server 2016 environment in a container. I would think, given
the architecture of Docker, that you can only do this on a Windows machine,
not a Linux box. So the ability to containerize an application on Linux and
run it anywhere Docker is installed (even MacOS) only applicable to Linux
apps.