On Dec 6, 2017, at 07:30, Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com> wrote:
> In your role as a representative of the many fine release managers Python has
> had over the years I'd like to thank you for continuing to make high-quality
> software available to a large and growing community. And thanks to everyone
> who contributes to Python so the majority just get to enjoy it.

Thank you for your kind words, Steve, but, as you know, in our roles as release
managers, we are just the conductors, making sure that the release trains get
scheduled and arrive at their station stops on time.  Without the enormous
contributions of all core developers and an increasing body of other
contributors, all volunteering their time, the trains would be empty.  For
those of you who might be tempted to contribute your time to working on Python,
feel free to hop on board: https://devguide.python.org.  Or if you or perhaps
your organization would like to help the Python community in other ways,
consider supporting the Python Software Foundation:
https://www.python.org/psf-landing/.

--
  Ned Deily
  n...@python.org -- []