On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 11:00:37 AM UTC-5, Thomas Nyberg wrote:
> On 12/07/2017 04:36 PM, Natalie Leung wrote:
> > The code stops at "py_send(openModel)" with an error message that reads:
> > Traceback (most recent call last): File "[my file path]", line 11, in
> > py_send(openModel)
> > SystemError: error return without exception set
> >
> > I tried running the code on different platforms (e.g. Command Prompt, Wing
> > 101, python.exe) and I get the same result. What could be the problem?
> >

> I presume they have written an extension module, but haven't done their
> error handling correctly and are eating some internal information about
> the error that occurred. Judging by some quick searches online, the
> software is closed source right? In that case, you could try emailing
> the provider.
>
> If this is the case, you might try to attach to the extension code in a
> debugger, though I'd assume they've compiled it in a way to make that
> pretty difficult. Another approach might be not to use the python
> bindings, but to use whatever other binding are available (say in C?).
> Then you could try to set things up in the same way and see if an error
> occurs there and if that error has more information than yours.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

You are correct in that the software and its packages are close-sourced. I have
emailed the provider but their technical support staff has stated that they
have exhausted of all ideas.

An interesting thing to note is that this part of the code has been previously
used by another individual with success, on the same computer.

Kind regards,

Natalie