Hello peter and *,

Am 2018-02-03 hackte Peter J. Holzer in die Tasten:
> On 2018-01-29 19:14:57 +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
>> Am 2018-01-29 hackte Dan Stromberg in die Tasten:
>> > I don't see blueman on pypi, so this is probably part of the package
>> > you downloaded, and not something you need to "pip3 install".
>>
>> I have Python 2.7 and 3.5 from the Debian GNU/Linux repository installed
>> I use the Stable (Stretch) version.
>>
>> Installing blueman 2.0.4 (for Python 2.7) ended with a SEGFAULT.
>
> How did you install this? When I install blueman-2.0.4-1 from the Debian
> Stretch (i386) apt repository, it uses Python3:
>
> hjp      16620  2.0  0.5 110192 44316 pts/24   Sl+  11:40   0:00
> /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/blueman-applet
>
> And it seems to work (the icon shows up in the task bar and I can open
> the menu. I don't have any bluetooth hardware on my desktop, so I can't
> test that).
>
> A segfault is probably caused by a library, not by Python. If you got
> blueman from the Debian repository, report the problem at
> https://bugs.debian.org
>
>> Hence I downloaded the sources 2.1~alpha2 from the Experimantal Mirror,
>> comiled and packed it as Backport.
>>
>> Anything went fine, except, if I execute /usr/bin/blueman-applet it
>> does not find the path to blueman which is in
>>
>>     /usr/lib/python-3.5/site-packages
>>
>> as subdirectory "bluman".
>
> This looks like a packaging error. AFAICS python3 packages on Debian are
> normally installed directly under /usr/lib/python3.5, not under
> /usr/lib/python-3.5/site-packages or /usr/lib/python-3.5/dist-packages
> (although the latter is on sys.path). Unless you have modified this
> yourself, please report it to Debian.

I do not know what was in the experimental sources, but it seems a
make clean has removed something and when I recompiled the package,
it was correctly working.

However, I use xorg, fvwm, trayer, blueman-applet like pasystray and
was searchin the whole internet to solv this problem. Had installed
and deinstalled packages and now it is magicaly working.

Now I have to figure out, which of the packages pulled a missing
dependency into the system.

It is sad, that only monsters like KGE (it would install 1,8GByte
on my system) and GNOME have all the right dependencies.

But if you install something like

debian base
alsa
xorg
wdm
fvwm
vlc
trayer
blueman
pasystray

nothing is working!  I think the above packages should install a
working system!

Now I have to figure out, WHY ALSA is working (pasystray show it)
but there is no sound coming out of the speakers.

I say only:  "Welcome to the dependeny hell!"

Thanks in avance

--
Michelle Konzack        Miila ITSystems @ TDnet
GNU/Linux Developer     00372-54541400