On 3/28/2018 10:50 AM, sumana.hariharesw...@gmail.com wrote:

People who literally don't see the list of ways to filter on the left-hand side of
https://pypi.org/search/ : I ask you the usual list of troubleshooting questions. What OS
and browser are you using, what plugins and particularly interesting preferences are you
using, and so on. (When I turn off JavaScript in my browser, I see a list of clickable
category headings like "By Programming Language" but clicking on them causes no
response.) A screenshot in an issue at https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues would be
helpful. (Reminder that participating in Warehouse development, including by filing an
issue, requires abiding by the PyPA Code of Conduct
https://www.pypa.io/en/latest/code-of-conduct/ .)

This is a window width issue. Full screen (on my monitor), the categories work fine, and clicking on them appears to work. When I narrow the browser window to about 1100 pixels, the category list 'to the left' disappears and is replaced by an [Add filter] box. When this happens, "from the list of classifiers on the left." should be replaced by "by clicking the button below."

>I recognize that many users want a more condensed view on many pypi.org pages,

I consider reducing the search results from 60 to 10 per page to be unacceptable and disrespectful of me as a user.

--
Terry Jan Reedy