On 2018-04-04, 07:27 GMT, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> I'm no expert, but it seems to me that this has surely got to
> be crazy talk. Whatever task you're doing, processing it
> asynchronously doesn't reduce the amount of work. For example,
> if you want to download ten files, you still have to download
> all ten files, and they're not any smaller or the network
> connection any faster because you're using async.

I agree that the formulation is unfortunate, but your argument
seems to lie only on semantics. Anyway, this
https://hackernoon.com/asynchronous-python-45df84b82434 seems to
be a better explanation of cooperative green threads and
eventually also asyncio.

Best,

Matěj
--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mc...@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

[...] sleep is no substitute for caffeine.
       -- Robert Storey in review of Debian
          (when describing re-compilation of kernel :-)