I've just released version 0.2.7 of distlib on PyPI . For newcomers,
distlib is a library of packaging functionality which is intended to be
usable as the basis for third-party packaging tools.
The main changes in this release are as follows:
* Addressed #102: InstalledDistributions now have a modules attribute which is
of top-level modules as read from top_level.txt, if that is in the
* Fixed #103: Now https downloads are preferred to those over http. Thanks to
Saulius Žemaitaitis for the patch.
* Fixed #104: Updated launcher binaries to properly handle interpreter paths
Thanks to Atsushi Odagiri for the diagnosis and fix.
* Fixed #105: cache_from_source is now imported from importlib.util where
* Added support for PEP 566 / Metadata 2.1.
A more detailed change log is available at .
Please try it out, and if you find any problems or have any suggestions for
please give some feedback using the issue tracker!