Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the in-depth answer. I'm going to have to read it
carefully, with the help of a Python glossary. Some of the terms you
use are new to me.

>or am I supposed to root around for my module and make the edits one by one?

I was trying to be amusing and didn't get my point across.

>Finally, no you don't normally root around and change an installed module.
>Instead, modify your original copy and reinstall the newer version!

What I meant was, do I have to open the file, search for, e.g., colons
and insert space after them? These were the sorts of picayune errors
picked up by PEP8 on my program. I deliberately omit such spaces when
I code because I like to do as little unnecessary work as possible.
There is enough repetitive coding as it is. I know some IDEs have word
completion suggestion for variables, etc, that the user creates. But
I'm practicing in barebones IDLE and that means a lot of extra work.

Thanks,

Tamara