On 7/2/2018 9:50 AM, Michael Torrie wrote:

If you're wanting to use SciPy and matplotlib, I suggest you stick with
Python 3.6.  There's little reason to immediately go to Python 3.7.
Anytime you upgrade to the very latest version of Python, it's going to
take some time for binary wheels to be built and placed on PyPi,
installable with pip.  Either that, or make sure you do have the
compilers, dependent libraries and tools (pkg-config) installed.  This
is easy on Linux.  On Mac it's more involved and will likely involve
installing a whole suite of 3rd-party software like MacPorts.

It used to take about 6 months after x.y was released before most major packages were available for x.y. I hope they come faster now.

For Windows, a few hundred unofficial whls, for both win32 and amd64, including for matplotlib, are available for (2.7?, 3.4-) 3.7 from https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/, and have been for some number of months.

--
Terry Jan Reedy