On 17/07/18 19:16, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
MRAB <pyt...@mrabarnett.plus.com>:
"ch" usually represents 2 phonemes, basically the sounds of "t"
followed by "sh";

Traditionally, that sound is considered a single phoneme:

Can you hear the difference in these expressions:

    high chairs

    height shares

    height chairs

Try them on an English-speaking person. In a restaurant, ask for a
"height share" and see if they bring you a high chair.

The English "tr" sound can also be considered a single affricate
phoneme:

Is there a difference between these expressions:

    rye train

    right rain

    right train

Marko

I do not see what this has to do with the Python programming language, neither do I care. Please take this offline, as you've all ready been asked to do by a moderator, Tim Golden.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence