Skip Montanaro <skip.montan...@gmail.com> writes:

> There was some discussion of the idea (before the thread predictably
> wandered off into the weeds). I've not found anything else obviously
> related to the topic. Perhaps it was nothing more than that the
> threading module had a PEP-8 champion while logging didn't?

Sometimes, even with a champion for improving the API through renames,
it doesn't happen. There is still the BDFL (or whatever comes to replace
that role) to reckon with
<URL:https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2008-July/081263.html>.

In that case, it was the inertia of the existing body of code using the
API names which gave justification to reject renames. I would expect
that was significant also in the decision not to change the ‘logging’
API names.

--
 \     “[F]reedom of speech does not entail freedom to have your ideas |
  `\    accepted by governments and incorporated into law and policy.” |