On 9/24/18, Thomas Jollans <t...@tjol.eu> wrote:
> On 2018-09-24 16:30, Fetchinson . via Python-list wrote:
>> [fetch@fetch]$ grep LIBFFI_INCLUDE Makefile
>> LIBFFI_INCLUDEDIR=      /opt/custom/lib/libffi-3.2.1/include
>>
>> So I'd say everything should work but it doesn't, I reran ./configure
>> and also make of course.
>
> I'm confused. ./configure succeeds? Then where's the error?

Yes, ./configure succeeds, also make succeeds in general, so it
produces a usable python executable but _ctypes is not compiled so
_ctypes is not usable and can not be imported, libffi is only needed
for _ctypes AFAIK. The error, or better said INFO message, comes from
make:

INFO: Could not locate ffi libs and/or headers

Failed to build these modules:
_ctypes

But nevertheless make install also succeeds, the only thing is that
_ctypes does not work.

Cheers,
Daniel