On 30/09/2018 18:30, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
I've been unexpectedly in hospital for the past two weeks, without
internet or email. Just before my unexpected hospital stay, I was
apparently banned (without warning) by Ethan Furman in what seems to me
to be an act of retaliation for my protest against his overzealous and
hostile tone-policing against a newcomer to the list, Reto Brunner:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2018-September/737020.html

(I did make one mistake in that post: I claimed that I hadn't said
anything at the time on Ethan's last round of bans. That was incorrect, I
actually did make an objection at the time.)

Since I'm still catching up on emails, I have just come across Ethan's
notice to me (copied below).

Notwithstanding Ethan's comment about having posted the suspension notice
on the list, I see no sign that he actually did so. At the risk of
further retaliation from the moderators, I am ignoring the ban in this
instance for the purposes of transparency and openness. (I don't know if
this will show up on the mailing list or the newsgroup.)

Since I believe this ban is illegitimate, I intend to challenge it if
possible. In the meantime, I may not reply on-list to any responses.