Oh, another thing. I installed WX via a windows installer that I found (can't
find the link again, but fairly certain it was this one:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wxpython/ (*)), without giving it much thought
(yesyes bad mistake).

Since I get wx runtime errors, I'm assuming I have the wrong version. So, in
all my 45-yo youthful ignorance, I ran 'pip install -U wxPython' hoping it
would magically erase the previously installed version - whatever that is - and
get me the newest one. What actually happens is the cmd-window freezing, and
nothing elseā€¦

(*) The 'proper' method to install it, I obviously found on
"https://wiki.wxpython.org/How%20to%20install%20wxPython#Windows";, but that led
me to 'pip', which at that moment in time - 2 days ago LOL - I was not ready
for yet (Hey, I'm doing this in between actual work, putting kids in bed, and
passing out on the sofa)