On 06/03/2019 14:44, Chris Angelico wrote:
Ouch, did C++ burn you in the past?

I've tried and failed to learn the language three times. It's been suggested that my mistake was using Stroustrop's book :-) There just seem to be so much boilerplate and fiddly bits that it quickly gets too complex to hold a project design in my head. Python, by contrast, Just Worked and showed me how to think about OO design without half the drama.

Sounds like Rhodri has strong expectations about how languages should
behave, and C++ does fulfil this. So maybe there's some respect here
after all:)

Fine, you've got me there :-)

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd