dieter wrote:

directory with some possible leftovers. It there a connection
between this mysterious '-ip' package and this directory?

This is possible. A so called "distribution" can install
packages of a different name (for example, the distribution "Zope"
installs (among others) a package "ZPublisher"). In addition, the
actual installation typically has lost metadata information (e.g.
the version number). Therefore, "pip" may use "*.dist-info" or
"*.egg-info" directories to provide this metadata. Look into those
directories to find out which packages are installed for the
corresponding distribution. You can then check whether those packages
are truely available (and if not delete the *-info* directory).

Thanks for this info.

After deleting the
 f:\programfiler\python36\lib\site-packages\~ip-19.1.1.dist-info
directory and running my script again, the "-ip" is gone.

All this *.dist-info stuff is alien stuff to me, but I guess
'pip install --upgrade' uses these?

BTW, there is no command 'pip uninstall --orphans'. Any
other tool that does the same?

--
--gv