On 10/06/2020 20:41, Chris Angelico wrote:
Python can be installed from the app store, or from a python.org
downloader. If that's too much hassle for them, then they're going to
need help *whatever* you do.

works for windows 10, but probably not on older machines.

The current exe works on very old versions of windows as well. Some people are
reluctant to change old win 95/xp
machines just to run a single app.

And a lot of us are reluctant to try to support XP. It's an operating
system that was released the same year as Python 2.2 - do you try to
support that? If not, why support an ancient OS?
unfortunately we don't get to choose the users' hardware or what OS they use.

I had supposed there might be a simple mechanism to get these applications
validated in some way, but it seems not. MS
seems uninterested.

And I can't blame them. How is MS going to know that you haven't
tampered with the Python binary before you packaged it up? How can end
users be expected to trust it?
no disagreement here

ChrisA