On 12/06/20 9:32 AM, zljubi...@gmail.com wrote:
OK, as I can see nothing is enforced but I can use mypy and tests for the
purpose.

Exactly! Well done - Python uses 'duck typing' and thus when the Typing module was added, it became an option. As mentioned elsewhere, it provides "hints" at 'compile time'.

As I am using pycharm, looks like I need a plugin for mypy.
There are two of them out there:
non official: https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/11086-mypy
and official: https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/13348-mypy-official-

Do you have any experience with any of these plugins?
Please share your opinion.

I don't have a competent opinion for the current Pycharm, but hope that others will answer.

TBH I'd be surprised if it doesn't come 'baked in'.
--
Regards =dn