On 2021-06-15 17:49, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 2:45 AM Arak Rachael <arakelthedra...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi to everyone,

I am having a problem with this error, I created a package and uploaded it to
Test PyPi, but I can not get it to work, can someone help me please?

https://test.pypi.org/manage/project/videotesting/releases/'

The error:

/home/user/anaconda3/envs/testing/bin/python
/home/user/devel/python.assignments/topgis-viz/topgis-test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/devel/python.assignments/topgis-viz/topgis-test.py", line 10, in
<module>
    from videotesting import downsample_and_save_npz
  File
"/home/user/anaconda3/envs/testing/lib/python3.8/site-packages/videotesting/__init__.py",
 line 7, in <module>
    from videotesting import extract_video
ImportError: cannot import name 'extract_video' from partially initialized
module 'videotesting' (most likely due to a circular import)
(/home/user/anaconda3/envs/testing/lib/python3.8/site-packages/videotesting/__init__.py)

Hard to diagnose without the source code, but I'm thinking that your
__init__.py is probably trying to import from elsewhere in the
package? If so, try "from . import extract_video" instead.

Well, the traceback says that videotesting/__init__.py has:
    from videotesting import extract_video

so it is trying to import from itself during initialisation.