Hi all,

If I run a python3 program with "import pdb" in the code, would it execute slower than without loading the debugger?

The program I am running is computationally expensive and mathematically orientated. It is expected to run for a few months (I am a few days in). I found out today that I forgot to comment out the "import pdb" while debugging, and now I am wondering if there would be a performance benefit worth restarting the execution with pdb unloaded.

I have tried testing this with a simple sum executable, but I don't see a clear difference with short execution times (<5 mins). Before I investigate further, I thought I would ask and see if anyone knows the answer already.

Many thanks!