Op 26/10/2021 om 19:46 schreef Schachner, Joseph:
Why force unpacking?   Why not assign a tuple?  That would look like a simple
assignment:     x := (alpha, beta, gamma)
And you could access x[0],  x[1] and x[2].

I think asking := to support x, y := alpha, beta  is a request to address an
unnecessary, easily worked around, issue.  And as previously pointed out you
can still just use = .

Because the names usually have meaning, while the tuple has not.

And you just confirmed my point that the walrus operator isn't very useful here
by suggesting that I should abandon it and use an assignment.

--
Antoon Pardon.