On 20/11/2021 03.38, lucas wrote:
> ok.  all good advice.  thank you for that.  and with all that I've decided
> what to do.
>
> I'm going to close off any server-side python access so that I don't expose
> my server or the file system to vulnerabilities and/or wonton attacks.  I am
> building a site for education and what I will configure is allow students to
> setup and save their projects on the server but only direct them to program
> in client-side Brython, which is a javascript translation of python for
> browsers, hence "Brython" or "browser python".  my server will provide the
> javascript files for Brython and its standard libraries and any processing of
> the student's projects will be directly on the client-side.  this way there
> is no access to the server or cpu or memory management problems.  the server
> will simply server html and Brython-based text, i.e., static pages, to the
> client browser and the browser will process and interact with the Brython
> directly.
>
> overall, the server will stay secure and the students can learn python
> through Brython.  sound, right?  Lucas

Alternately, 'stand on the shoulders of giants' and consider
https://pythontutor.com/visualize.html#mode=edit

This has the additional value for your trainees of showing a visual
execution of their code. They can see step-by-step how Python/the
computer interprets their (?perfect) instruction and exactly where
things fall-over - with-out the added complication/cognitive-load of
having to master a debugger!

If you're still determined to invest a lot of time, it looks as if Phil
has invested a lot of time, more recently, in widening the range of
languages, (which is perhaps why(?)) the system has fallen behind in
Python release.
--
Regards,
=dn