On 01/06/2022 00.00, Howard Samuels via Python-list wrote:
> Good day
> I am new to programming.  I have signed up for a virtual online course and
> installed Python using Anaconda as well as jupyter notebook. I encountered
> problems & then went to YouTube tried going directly to the python website
> and used Pycharm. When I used pycharm and try to run the first basic program
> I am getting a message that it is unable to load the Virtual environment.
> Also a message that ??the SDK seem to be false??? or some like wording.  I
> went to google which gave me stock overflow.  I am confused there as some of
> the responses I see there suppose that I am into programming and understand a
> lot of these terms. Some things I see, I understand but none of those have
> made a difference.  One such is to type "pip install virtenv" The system
> states that the requirement is already satisfied.
> In the process of trying to uninstall & reinstall and saw the invitation to
> write seeking for help.  I therefore cannot immediately reproduce the error
> message.Can you help?

So many 'moving parts' and unnecessarily-advanced features are described
here. No wonder your head is spinning!

Which course? How does *it* recommend setting-up the Python environment?

Failing that, start PyCharm, open a new project, open a new Python file,
type:

a = 2 + 2
print( a )

and use the PyCharm command to "run".