On 2022-06-09, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> However, the Gmane list<>NNTP gateway server DOES make the tutor
> list available to news readers (unfortunately, the comp.lang.python
> <> list <> Gmane has been read-only since last fall (unless things
> have changed recently) so I'm stuck with the spammy general
> comp.lang.python news group.

Here's how I fixed that problem:

  https://github.com/GrantEdwards/hybrid-inews

I read this "group" using slrn pointed at gmane.comp.python.general,
on the NNTP server news.gmain.io. When I post to this group from slrn,
it gets e-mailed to the regular mailing list address. Other gmane
"groups" get posts sent via NNTP. slrn is configured to post all
articles via /usr/local/bin/inews (which is the python "inews"
work-alike program above) when connected to news.gmane.io.

How/why people follow mailing lists via actual e-mail is beyond my
ken...

--
Grant