On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 at 13:41, Dan Stromberg <drsali...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 21, 2022 at 2:05 PM Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 at 05:39, simone zambonardi
>> <simone.zambona...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi, I am running a program with the punishment subrocess.Popen(...) what I
>> > should do is to stop the script until the launched program is fully open.
>> > How can I do this? I used a time.sleep() function but I think there are
>> > other ways. Thanks
>> >

>> First you have to define "fully open". How would you know?
>

> If you're on X11, you could conceivably use:
>      xwininfo -tree -root

That's only one possible definition: it has some sort of window. But
to wait until a program is "fully open", you might have to wait past a
splash screen until it has its actual application window. Or maybe
even then, it's not ready for operation. Only the OP can know what
defines "fully open".

ChrisA