On 2022-10-01 13:11:41 -0000, Jan van den Broek wrote:
> 2022-10-01, Mike Dewhirst <mi...@dewhirst.com.au> schrieb:
> >So the answer to your question is signed email is easy and if it becomes
> >popular it has potential to defeat hackers.
>
> Yes, but I'm reading this as a usenet-message (comp.lang.python), not as
> a mail.

Well, I'm reading it as a mail :-).

There's a gateway between the usenet group and the mailing list. Any
message[1] sent to one shows up on the other.

Of course any argument for or against signing messages on public mailing
lists also is valid on Usenet. Although there is one additional against
it on Usenet: There are more newsreaders which still (30 years after RFC
1341[2]) don't implement MIME correctly.

        hp

[1] Not quite: there's a filter to prevent spam and and some other
    messages from getting to the mailing list.
[2] Yeah! Anniversary! (Throws confetti, blows a vuvuzela)