On 10/10/2022 06:15, avi.e.gr...@gmail.com wrote:
Chris, a short(er) answer to your addition below.

I did not at first share your perception but maybe do now. If the argument
was that ELSE and other constructs like FINALLY or CATCH are horrible
because they follow other code and important things should be first, that is
a silly argument.

You know, sometimes I'm of the same opinion, especially looking at "defer" efforts in Go.

However, I wouldn't judge that in terms of mental capabilities. Every construct has some initial rationale but sometimes even best practices eventually become notorious. There are many point of views to every feature but in general features aren't divine and worth revising even this looks disparaging.

Axy.