On 11/21/2022 1:24 PM, Stefan Ram wrote:
darkst...@o2online.de writes:
import _tkinter

   I don't know why you get this error message. Here, I do not
   get an error message from that line. However, the normal way
   to use tkinter, as far as I know, is without the underscore!

You can import both tkinter and _tkinter, though I'm not sure why you would do the latter for any normal programming.

   I think it might be best if you make sure that a recent
   Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime from Microsoft®
   is installed before you install Python.

That's a worthwhile thought.

   If you have no such Runtime, I have no idea how to proceed!
   Maybe uninstall Python, install the Runtime, and then install
   Python again?

python.org says:

"Note that Python 3.11.0 cannot be used on Windows 7 or earlier"

But maybe there's something about their compilation settings or runtime support versions that doesn't work with the OP's version of Python 8.1.

Or, since Python itself seems to be running, maybe the way the tkinter binary was compiled isn't compatible even though Python 3.11 itself is. Maybe this is a bug waiting to be filed...

I would try installing a lower version, maybe an older version of Python 3.10, and seeing if that works.

   If you have chosen any unusual settings during the installation
   of Python, it might help to try an installation with the suggested
   settings.

   I am trying to learn tkinter myself and I am very surprised
   how well it offers exactly what I am looking for! I hope they
   never will remove tkinter from the standard distribution!