"Michele Simionato" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Once in a time, I thought mixins where a good idea; now I don't think
> so since they are too easily abused (see Zope 2) and as a consequence
> you get spaghetti-inheritance, where you have objects with methods
> inherited from everywhere. So be very careful if you want to use
> mixins; often you can go without them.

Yeah, I wonder though how much of that is a result of Python's
cavalier approach to multiple inheritance.  Does that happen much in
CLOS?  In Java because of multiple interfaces?  I've studied Flavors a
little and mix-ins were used in some extensive ways, but maybe
programs using them required extra care.

The Python tutorial does caution against indiscriminate use of
multiple inheritance.  I tried coding something without it, wished
that I'd used it and did so in the next version, but still am not sure
if I gained anything or not.