Evening,

I'm an addicted vim user and don't really use the IDLE for anything more
than calculations where I'm too lazy to start KCalc. But one feature is
very pretty: the built-in help for function calls while you type. Like you
enter...

var1,var2=mystring.split(
...and the IDLE shows me a popup saying...
"S.split([sep [,maxsplit]]) -> list of strings

Is there a decent way to get that help into vim? Or like showing docstrings
or help that I get through pydoc on request? I've been working myself
through a pile of vim macros/plugins but couldn't find even one which
simplifies programming in Python. Further issues would be handling the
indentation - maybe a plugin which syntax colors different levels of
indentation so I don't have to use my plastic ruler on the screen. ;)
Perhaps some more experienced Python/Vim users have a tip which macro sets
help most here.

Thanks,
 Christoph
--