Danny wrote:
> I think I should paste some of the programs code a little more of what I
> want...

probably...

> var = 0
> while var <= 5:
>     print a[t[var]]
>     var = var +1
>
> a is a dectionary (very big) and t is a string of text. (if that's
> important right now).

It might be important...

> I'm just trying to make the value of a[t[var]] print on one line if that
> makes any sense...
> Sorry if I'm not explaining this very well and if my examples aren't
> very good, I am trying.

If I understand correctly, you have

- a dict 'a' which may look like this:

a = {'a': 1,
     'b' : 2,
     'c' : 3,
     #etc
     'z' : 26
    }

that is, keys of this dict are one-letter-strings (we dont actually care
what the real values are, enough to know that it's what you want to
print out).

- a string 't' which may look like this :
t = 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'

And you want to print someting like:
 12345

(that is, the dict values which have one of the 5 fisrt letters of t as
keys)

Is that what you actually want ?

--
bruno desthuilliers