I have discovered the possible problem (I can't check this until later
when I am home)

I think when I upgraded to Python 2.4.2 it created my problem.

Below is what is going on:

Default Slackware 10.2 install - 2.4.1 installed into
/usr/lib/python2.4
Python 2.4.1 upgraded to 2.4.2
Upgrade downloaded from Python.org compiled and installed - 2.4.2
installed into /usr/local/lib/python2.4

Bin files are in: /usr/bin/python and /usr/local/bin/python

MySQLdb instatlled after the 2.4.2 upgrade works fine at the command
line

I am betting that when I launch the script from the webpage it is
looking for /usr/bin/python

I should be able to make a symlink in /usr/bin/python -->
/usr/local/bin/python

And of course change  #!/usr/bin/python to  #!/usr/local/bin/python in
the script

What do you think?
Fred