"Paul Boddie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> It looks like you may have Unicode objects that you're presenting to
> sqlite. In any case, with earlier versions of pysqlite that I've used,
> you need to connect with a special unicode_results parameter,

He is using apsw.  apsw correctly handles unicode.  In fact it won't
accept a str with bytes >127 as they will be an unknown encoding and
SQLite only uses Unicode internally.  It does have a blob type
using buffer for situations where binary data needs to be stored.
pysqlite's mishandling of Unicode is one of the things that drove
me to writing apsw in the first place.

Roger