David Hopwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Note that I'm not claiming that you can check any desirable property of
> a program (that would contradict Rice's Theorem), only that you can
> express any dynamically typed program in a statically typed language --
> with static checks where possible and dynamic checks where necessary.

It starts to look like sufficiently powerful static type systems are
confusing enough, that programming with them is at least as bug-prone
as imperative programming in dynamically typed languages.  The static
type checker can spot type mismatches at compile time, but the
types themselves are easier and easier to get wrong.