Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
Jeff Bauer schrieb:
Did the behavior python-mode change with respect to the
syntax of vars_with_underscores?  Keying M-f or M-b
now stops the cursor at the underscores rather than
grabbing the entire variable.  Prior, in GNU Emacs 21.4,
the behavior worked as I expected.

I don't think that's a python-mode issue - rather emacs behaves differently. Dunno how to change that though.

My emacs doesn't stop at underscores. Regardless of python-mode-age.

I was running the standard python-mode that ships with Ubuntu 8.10
when I noticed it stopped at underscores.  Downloading the recently
announced python-mode.el 5.0.0 from LaunchPad (Thanks, Barry!) fixed
this behavior, though I'm sure it had more to do with switching
away from whatever python-mode is being shipped in the current
Ubuntu.

All is now sweetness and light.

-Jeff