looking at this a little bit more closely, it's surprising to me not that it
fails for you, but that it works at all.  have you made any changes to the
py-pdbtrack-input-prompt variable (aka 'python-pdbtrack-input-prompt' in
recent versions of python.el)?

as the docstring for py-pdbtrack-track-stack-file states, "We depend on the
pdb input prompt matching `py-pdbtrack-input-prompt' at the beginning of the
line."  the default setting simply should not match the "ipydb> " that your
photos are showing.  ?

sorry if i'm missing something obvious - i'm trying to get context here,
with not quite enough time to pay full attention...
--
ken
http://myriadicity.net