On 01/27/2010 03:09 AM, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
On 27.01.2010, Jeff Bauer wrote:
It used to be if my cursor was positioned on
(0,1) and I pressed ^N, the cursor would jump
down to the second line of code (0,3).  Now it
goes to (0,2) which is still considered (0,50).

That's a new default in Emacs 23 called visual line mode IIRC.
You can get the old behavior back with the following setting in ~/.emacs:

(setq line-move-visual nil)

I see:  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/VisualLineMode

As the wiki suggests, it would make more sense to enable this
for text mode and leave it disabled for editing code:

    (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-visual-line-mode)

-Jeff