On Jan 12, 2011, at 09:34 AM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

>Bluntly said: Beside of the pps issue going to be solved, don't foresee
>keeping a fully compatible python-mode. Trying that, I'm afraid we will go
>out of business alltogether.
>
>A solution might be keeping an XEmacs compatible separate version. Would mean
>another split and python-mode version around... :(

Which would effectively kill XEmacs support forever.  If we were to fork, I
suspect that fork would die a quick death.  Better to keep one version even if
XEmacs support is temporarily broken.  If we don't have enough XEmacs testers
or contributors to ensure it works before a release, we'll just to have to
make a lesser guarantee and hope for patches from interested parties (hi Skip
:).

Speaking of which, I will wait until Skip gives me the green light and then I
will release a 5.2.1 that fixes the XEmacs support.  Just let me know.

-Barry