Am 13.01.2011 22:16, schrieb s...@pobox.com:
     >>>  I'm trying to get the latest python-mode.el to compile cleanly.

Neither of you answered this question.  :-)  How do I get those warnings to
go away?

Skip

Hi Skip,

seems you introduced a bug. Why not use the trunk?

BTW all the "py-"-prefix and defalias considerations here are missing the point IMHO in such, as if in further futures XEmacs should provide this symbol, the compiler will tell..."defined a second time".

Until then, please let us stay as much as possible with the existing code, as tqs-syntax-setting is known to work elsewhere.

If extra stuff is introduced in this context, debugging syntax will be harder.

What about removing remaining compiler warnings, which are not functional AFAIS? For example introducing some defvars to silence the compiler in these cases.

Thanks BTW having brought the compiling question to attention here.

Andreas