Am 12.03.2011 04:28, schrieb Barry Warsaw:
Hi Andreas,

I noticed that you committed this file to our bzr tree.

Hi Barry,

took preceding exchange for an approval. Will be more carful next time.

 I'm concerned about
doing this without Anton's approval (and maybe even with it).  Anton probably
has his own source code repository, so at the very least it would be more
effort for us to keep our copy up-to-date with his.  python-mode.el doesn't
depend on his code, so it's really not necessary for us to have a copy in our
tree.

As cool as Anton's module is, and it definitely could help Python programmers,
it's probably a better idea to add a reference to his work (and his download
site or source repository) in our README file or in the comments at the top of
python-mode.el.

If Anton really wants us to keep the canonical version of his mode in our bzr
tree, we could discuss that.  Anton, what do you think?

Cheers,
-Barry

As for the approval: thought that's precisely what the
GPL is for.

So if an author publishs it's code under GPL, that's for
the very reason others may take it, isn't it?

Beside I gave credits with commit message, inside the
header and also dropped a notice to the author.

Which doesn't mean your concerns are invalid, posed
them for me also and answered them as given
above.

Likewise as for the technical aspects of repository:

Having useful Emacs code all around the net, it's just
the situation we are in. It's not all bad with that,
makes some pleasure to look around, trying this and
that.

As for my concern here I'm heading for an IDE, where
people open Emacs and find ererything ready for Python
edits as far as the state of art delivers it.

That means the question you raised concerning
whitespaces for examples must be discussed before and
at place. You can't know what our creative folks will
be have in mind next, if it will be suitable, more or
less, buggy more or less and so on. It's not done with
links delivered.

If we will provide an Python-IDE we must be able to
tell:

here is it's specification, it will work for these
conditions, makings that requirements.

Therefor we must collect the code for the specified
purpose, IMHO :-)

Cheers

Andreas

--