On 8/10/2011 1:11 AM, Andreas Röhler wrote:
restored the good old cycling behavior.
New design remains available as py-indent-line-new.

I'm not sure what "cycling behavior" means?  Is that documented somewhere?

What I would expect, is that if point arrives at a line, and the text starts somewhere other than the appropriate default position on the line, and point is before the text starts, that the first TAB would move the text to the appropriate default position on the line.

Subsequent TAB should move the text one indent to the right.

What I was seeing was that the second TAB would move text two indents to the right. Or sometimes the second TAB would do nothing, and then the third TAB would move text two indents to the right. Is there ever a situation where a TAB should move text more than one indent to the right?

I'll grab your latest branch after some sleep and test again... thanks!