On Sep 28, 2011, at 01:15 PM, David Miller wrote:

>> Yes, please. :)  ipython is a separate program that doesn't come with stock
>> Python.
>>
>How about conditionally setting it - this is essentially what Django does
>with it's shell
>
>(defcustom py-python-command (if (executable-find "ipython") "ipython"
>"python")

I'm not entirely in favor of this.  While I have ipython installed, I still
want to use regular 'ol python in my Emacs.  Of course, should you make this
change I can always customize the variable.  OTOH, I don't want to stand in
the way of what's really convenient for folks.

So I guess I'm -0.  Georg, what do you think?

-Barry