Rinu,

Just follow the instructions in python-mode.el:

To install, just drop this file into a directory on your load-path
and byte-compile it.  To set up Emacs to automatically edit files
ending in ".py" using python-mode, add to your emacs init file
(~/.emacs, ~/.emacs.el, or ~/.emacs.d/init.el) the following code:

(setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\\.py$" . python-mode) auto-mode-alist))
  (setq interpreter-mode-alist (cons '("python" . python-mode)
                                       interpreter-mode-alist))
(autoload 'python-mode "python-mode" "Python editing mode." t)

Alternatively, if you want an out-of-the box emacs python
experience, you can try:

  http://gabrielelanaro.github.com/emacs-for-python/

But it's using a home brew python.el version rather than
python-mode.el:

  https://github.com/fgallina/python.el

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.