Thanks Barry,

next question:

we have a lot of commands which are convenient occasionally, however most of them will never be used but take a lot of space. To make the core of python-mode.el readable again think to construct it on the fly according to something like

(defcustom py-known-shells
  (list "ipython"
    "ipython2.7"
    "ipython3"
    "jython"
    "python"
    "python2"
    "python3"
    "pypy"
    )
  "A list of available shells instrumented for commands.
 Expects its executables installed"))...

This list might be shrink or extended at will.

Two backsides: a slightly larger loading time and source of callers like ‘py-execute-section-ipython3’ will not be visible for users.

WDYT? Any objections?

Cheers,

Andreas