Apologies,

I thought all the reverse dependencies had already been sorted. I'll
redo with the necessary fixes  and python2 still included for now.

Regards

Alastair

On 30/04/2020 16:55, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Alastair,
> In addition to what Scott said, please do not drop python2 support if
> there are still "valid" reverse dependencies:
> http://sandrotosi.me/debian/py2removal/python-tz_2.svg python-numpy
> still needs python-tz, so unless you want to make numpy un-buildable,
> please keep python-tz around until we're ready to drop python-numpy
> from the archive (which is going to take a bit more time)
>
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 11:00 AM Scott Kitterman
> <ftpmas...@ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately I am going to have to reject your package.
>>
>> Despite the statement in debian/copyright:
>>
>> # Files-Excluded: pytz/zoneinfo/*
>> # We don't ship these files as we use the system version from tzdata instead;
>> # According to tzdata, these files are in the public domain
>>
>> Those files are, in fact, shipped in the package, presumably because the
>> Files-Excluded stanza is commented out.  Since these files are not addressed
>> in debian/copyright, the package can't be accepted (note: this is a
>> regression
>> from the current state of the package in the archive where those files are
>> not
>> present.
>>
>> Additionally,
>>
>> Debian/copyright is out of date.  LICENSE.txt says:
>>
>> Copyright (c) 2003-2019 Stuart Bishop <stu...@stuartbishop.net>
>>
>> Debian/copyright in this package has 2003-2009, the one in the archive has
>> 2003-2018.
>>
>> Finally,
>>
>> The Vcs-* fields in debian/control are not appropriate for a DPMT package
>> (and
>> lintian warns of this).  There is an existing git repository for the package:
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/python-tz
>>
>> This was fixed in 2019.3-2, which is in the archive.  Please use the current
>> package in the archive as the basis for this upload.
>>
>> Scott K
>>

>> ===
>>
>> Please feel free to respond to this email if you don't understand why
>> your files were rejected, or if you upload new files which address our
>> concerns.

Alastair McKinstry, <alast...@sceal.ie>, <mckins...@debian.org>,
https://diaspora.sceal.ie/u/amckinstry
Misentropy: doubting that the Universe is becoming more disordered.