On 1/26/22 13:46, stefa...@debian.org wrote:
Hi Thomas (2022.01.26_10:34:13_+0000)
When building 3.0.7, I get:

I: pybuild base:237: pypy setup.py clean
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 8, in <module>
     from pyparsing import __version__ as pyparsing_version
   File "/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/pyparsing/__init__.py", line 100
     major: int
          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
E: pybuild pybuild:367: clean: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1:
pypy setup.py clean

This feels like we need to drop pypy support for this package. Stefano, your
thoughts? How should this be handled?

It can be dropped, we don't need to keep much Python 2.7 stack alive any
more. I'm keeping the bare minimum for virtualenvs to function, and that
doesn't require this.

There is one reverse-dep, python-packaging, that should have it's 2.7
bits dropped, too.

SR

I saw it. The package has Matthias Klose as Maintainer, no VCS, and no team. Matthias, can I NMU "your" package to remove the pypy flavor before I fix pyparsing?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)