Hi All

Our July meeting is this Thursday (19th July) at 7pm, at Madlab's new
location at Plant NOMA near the Co-op apple-looking building.

This month will feature a talk from one of our regular members Doug, who
will talk about the use of python in atmospheric modelling.

Traditionally atmospheric research models were written in Fortran, but
scientists do (eventually) move with the times, and so python usage has
become much more widespread in academia in recent years. Fortran does still
have a place in model development though, and so Doug will talk about the
pros, cons, and challenges of combining these two languages. This will be
illustrated using example models from both the atmospheric pollution and
climate modelling communities.

As usual those who like to express their intention to attend can do so on
our Meetup
<https://www.meetup.com/Python-North-West-Meetup/events/252340230/> page.

Hope to see you there!

--