Are there examples of using asyncio to "linearize" the logic of GUI
applications? One problem with the event loop+callback structure of
many/most/all GUI applications is that the actual "business logic" can get
torn into pieces. One form submission callback seems to operate
independently of all others, when in fact, there is an underlying linear
flow to the way things happen.

While my eventual interest is actually Gtk/Glib and their event loops, I'm
constrained by use of Python 2.7 at work the moment. In theory, I could try
using Trollius and GBlub, but GBulb seems to be Python 3.x only. I was
hoping to experiment with the idea of using asyncio+coroutines+tkinter to
better expose the logic of a simple application. Does Python 3.4/3.5
provide the necessary bits to allow tkinter to interoperate with asyncio? I
see a closed case on Github: https://github.com/python/asyncio/issues/21
but it's not entirely clear that it works or where the actual code which
performs the necessary magic actually lives. I'm not sure what this is:

https://bitbucket.org/ramalho/asyncio_staging/branches/compare/ramalho/asyncio_staging:default%0Dhaypo/asyncio_staging:default#chg-asyncio_tkinter/talksrc/tkevents.py

though it looks promising.

Thanks,

Skip